1. General purpose of this Website and Disclaimer
The information available through this Website is provided for general information only, and should not be relied upon as professional or medical advice. We are not a medical organisation and cannot give you any medical advice (as applicable) before taking, or refraining from, any action based of the content of this Website. We recommend consumers seek appropriate medical advice before relying on any content on this Website.
While we try to ensure the information contained on this Website is accurate, adequate and complete, we do not represent or warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any content of this Website.
2. Australian content
The information available through this Website is Australia specific. If you are not in Australia, you should seek local information about your medicines.
3. Ownership and accuracy of content
a) Medicine Images
This Website contains photographic representations of the front, back and (where relevant) the side view of solid dosage forms of pharmaceutical products available for sale in Australia (Medicine Images).Copyright in these Medicine Images is owned by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia (ABN 54 519 669 143) and used by us under licence.
b) Third Party Content
This Website contains content that may be owned by third parties.
Content and information provided by third parties is clearly identified where it appears. The content in each Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) and Product Information (PI) that is accessible through this Website has been provided by the pharmaceutical companies that sponsor that medicine in Australia. These CMIs and PIs are approved as correct by the pharmaceutical company at the time of submission to us. The information in these CMIs and PIs is provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
While we believe that these third parties are reliable sources of this information and that the content is accurate, adequate and complete at the time of submission to us, we cannot guarantee that this information is always accurate, up-to-date or complete nor do we accept legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of any third party information found on this Website.
Copyright in this Website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound records and software) is owned or licensed by us and subject to copyright protection under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act) unless otherwise indicated.
5. Limited Rights of Use
You may reproduce the material and content of the pages of this Website free of charge only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose permitted by the Copyright Act. In using these materials for personal and non-commercial purposes, you agree to:
- reproduce the material accurately, without modification and not in a misleading context;
- acknowledge this Website as the source of the information;
- acknowledge that the material is subject to copyright protection;
- not remove any proprietary notice language in any copies of such materials and content;
- not copy or post the materials and/or content or any networked computer or broadcast it in any media; and
- not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such material or content.
In complying with the above, you agree only to use the material and content only in the format in which it is provided. If you wish to use the content or material other than in the format in which it is provided, please contact us to seek our prior written approval.
6. Prohibitions of Use
a) No commercial enterprise or commercial gain
b) No deep linking, use of robots…
Any “deep-linking”, “page-scraping”, “robot”, “spidering” or use of other automatic devices, programs, algorithms or methodologies, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any material or content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any material or content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to bar any such activity without notice to you.
c) No unauthorised access
You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
7. Access to this Website
Access to this Website may sometimes be interrupted by server outage and other technological problems. While we make all reasonable efforts to ensure continuous availability, we do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
We reserve the right to update the content of this Website, to discontinue any page or feature and to restrict access to part or all of this Website at any time and without notice to you. In the event that we make changes to any part of this Website, we discontinue any page or feature and/or apply restricted access conditions to parts or all of this Website, we do not take responsibility for any loss, damage or injury arising from your inability to access any parts or all of this Website.
a) Links to other Websites
Links or references from this Website to third party apps or Websites are provided for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement by us of any material found at those third party apps or Websites. You accept that we:
- have no control over, and are not responsible for, any material contained on any third party app or Website; and
- are not responsible for the operations of the app, link or for the content, accuracy, legality of material or privacy practices associated with any linked third party app or Website.
We reserve the right to withdraw a third party link from this Website or to refuse to link to any Website without notice or explanation.
b) Links to this Website
In certain circumstances and provided that you have obtained our prior written approval (which may be revoked at any time and without reason), we will allow you, at our sole discretion, to hypertext link to our Website. Any such approval will be subject to your continued acceptance of the following conditions:
- you warrant that your content is not fraudulent, defamatory and does not infringe the intellectual property rights, confidentiality rights, or privacy rights of any person;
- you must not change the information linked to this Website in any way without seeking prior additional written approval from us;
- information linked from this Website must not be displayed in such a way as to appear to be an endorsement or advertisement or appear alongside advertising of any product or service; and
- that no attempt is made to pass off the content of this Website as the property of the linking Website.
When creating links to this Website, please be aware that our URLs are subject to change without notice. In the event that we make changes to the URLs, we discontinue any URLs, or if we restrict access to part or all of these URLs, we do not take responsibility for any loss, damage or injury arising from your inability to access any parts or all of these URLs.
9. Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law:
- we do not accept responsibility for any loss, costs, damages or expenses however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this Website or any linked Website, nor do we accept responsibility for any such loss arising out of your reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website or any linked Website;
In the event that such liability cannot be excluded, and pursuant to section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law (under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), we limit our liability to, at our option:
in the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
in the case of any services:
- the supplying the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any service or good provided by a third party supplier.
Our liability to you is diminished to the extent that your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or cause the loss or liability.
- reflect any changes in our business;
- for security or technical infrastructure reasons; or
- if required by law.
- No waiver, delay or failure by us to take any action will constitute or be construed as a waiver of that or any other term, condition, option, privilege or right we may have.